Next, identify a challenge or area of improvement within your chosen area. (For example, one may choose corrections as the topic area and violence in prisons as the problem). Over the weeks of this course, you will progressively research, learn about, write and present on a solution to the challenge or area of improvement from both a tactical and administrative perspective. Receive approval from your professor on your chosen topic. Additional project expectations are described in week 8.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you address the following:
- Outline the context of the problem or challenge, including the history and any policy decisions that have contributed to the situation.
- Why is it important that the problem be addressed?
- Who is impacted internally and externally?
- Why do you feel the problem hasn’t already been solved?
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain how historical analysis informs the context of policy or situations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in criminal justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about criminal justice using proper writing mechanics.