Watch the belowFox News Fox & Friends (Dec. 7, 2014) video,Are Police Tactics the Problem?(Interview of Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke); and NBC Today, Excessive Force? Outcry After Man Dies in NYPD Arrest (July 20, 2014).
Police Tactics[5 min.]
Are police tactics the problem?Copy/Paste URL if video does not play: http://video.foxnews.com/v/3928230229001Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke weighs in
Excessive Force[3 min.]
Excessive force? Outcry after man dies in NYPD arrestCopy/Paste URL if video does not play: http://www.today.com/video/today/55685750Today News
Using key terms and concepts from the reading, answer the following questions:
- To what extent is police use of force and coercion inevitable?
- Is police brutality also inevitable? Explain.
- Why do you believe many members of minority communities believe the police use excessive force on a regular basis?
- Is there a war on police? Explain.
Make sure to:
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 350 words.
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- If you researched your topic and are using information from what you learned, remember to cite your sources.
*Make discussion mostly in your own words and do not exceed 550 words.