In this assignment, students will pull together the change proposal project components they have been working on throughout the course to create a proposal inclusive of sections for each content focus area in the course. At the conclusion of this project, the student will be able to apply evidence-based research steps and processes required as the foundation to address a clinically oriented problem or issue in future practice. ***Students will develop a 1,250-1,500 word paper that includes the following information as it applies to the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need profiled in the capstone change proposal:
1. Background- briefly describe the issues create the problem
2. Problem statement– Explain the actual problem with relevant issues.
3. Purpose of the change proposal– Explain specifically how this problem can be changed.
4. PICOT– state the PICOT statement – in a question- and then briefly explain how it ties into the problem.
5. Literature search strategy employed – Briefly explain how you performed your literature search- what words did you use to find the studies that you needed.
6. Evaluation of the literature – Briefly evaluate the eight studies you searched with the concept that supports the topic, the weakness, the strength. Identify the study with the name of the author(s) followed by year of publishing in parentheses.
7. Applicable change or nursing theory utilized– Explain what nursing theory was utilized as a guide when solving this nursing problem. Whose theory is it and how does their theory apply to your solution.
8. Proposed implementation plan with outcome measures– How will this problem be solved? What specifically must be done to solve this issue completely (if possible).
9. Identification of potential barriers to plan implementation, and a discussion of how these could be overcome – What resistance from the stakeholders might you experience when putting the solution into practice? Will it come from staff nurses, managers, hospital administrators or patients? How can you minimize this resistance to change?
10. Appendix section, if tables, graphs, surveys, educational materials, etc. are created- Put at least one item as an appendix- a good example would be a paragraph or table that explains the basic Nursing Theory.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Review the feedback from your instructor on the Topic 3 assignment, PICOT Statement Paper (See attached), and Topic 6 assignment, Literature Review (See attached), also see wk 4 assignment (see attached) for references used and instructors comments. Use the feedback to make appropriate revisions to the portfolio components before submitting.
The attached template must be used for completing this week assignment. The template was written to guide you through the assignment so that you discuss all required criteria. The template is written from the assignment guidelines and it is imperative that you use them as I grade from them.
Please include in-text citations for all factual information, and references used must be within the last 5 years. Please include DOI in references.