- organized in block format addressing a specific audience + purpose
- around 500-600 words (2 pages okay)
- supported by one credible source (apply
In the letter, you will either:
- express a concern or problem, then suggest an action or solution (use an indirect approach)
- persuade an employer to adopt a new approach or policy in the workplace (indirect approach)
- pitch a product or service to a target audience (use the AIDA model)
Even if this is a hypothetical letter, you need to write from a real context, with a real audience and purpose in mind. Avoid boilerplate letters found on the internet or elsewhere; the ideas should come from you.