[WLO: 3] [CLOs: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, watch The Meaning of Human Services and reflect on the Weeks’ 1 and 2 readings (as well as your own resources) to discuss the following important aspects of helping in the human services field:
· History of human services. In one page,
· Analyze the history of helping in human services using three specific examples of time periods before the 21st century (See Chapter 3).
· Describe how helping has changed over time regarding how services have been delivered (Chapter readings and your own research).
· Nature of the helping process. In one page,
· Identify the general nature of the helping process that human service workers use, including the five stages that form the process and at least two helping skills (See Chapter 7).
· Distinguish direct service from the roles of administrative work and community work associated with helping (See Chapter 2).
· Current helping efforts. In one page,
· Identify 10 different groups in your community being served by human service professionals. In your opinion, is the field of human services adequately providing for two of these groups? Why or why not? (Your own research).
The Helping in Human Services paper
· Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style
· Title of paper
· Student’s name
· Course name and number
· Instructor’s name
· Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
· Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice resource for additional guidance.
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusion as well as Writing a Thesis Statement refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
· Must use at least three scholarly sources (including the course text and two peer-reviewed sources published in the past five years).
· The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.