Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 1: Case Study: Geico
Due Week 3 and worth 150 points
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Determine which facets of the Geico total rewards program align with the five (5) top advantages of a total rewards program outlined in Chapter 2 of the textbook and discuss your reasoning.
- Create a strategy for ensuring that the Geico plan addresses all of the advantages.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the communication of Geico’s total rewards program based upon the Website’s descriptions of the benefits. Recommend two (2) areas for improvement.
- Assuming employees are unhappy with the current plan, offer two (2) improvements or changes to Geico’s total rewards program.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Define total rewards and describe the advantages of a total rewards approach.
- Analyze an organization’s strategy, workforce, operating environment, and key stakeholders to identify critical factors in designing a total rewards strategy.
- Evaluate the elements of a total rewards communication program.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in total rewards.
- Write clearly and concisely about total rewards using proper writing mechanics.