In an ever-going society of progression and acceptance of all, we strive to create inclusivity, opportunity, and an equal justice system void of bias. Some of the most common practices of institutional discrimination can be seen in harsher sentencing of crimes based on race and ethnicity, predatory lending practices from financial institutions, educational opportunities, and access to resources. Some historic landmark cases that presented as race discrimination are:
- Korematsu v. United States (1944)
- Brown v. Board of Education (1955)
- Jones v. Mayer Co. (1968)
- University of California Regents v. Bakke (1986)
- Shuette v. Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action (2014)
Write a research paper that includes the following:
- Describe the lived experiences modern institutional discrimination for one of the three identified subgroups or any minority group.
- Explain how the above-mentioned experiences differ from “traditional” institutional discrimination of non-minority groups.
- Explain the role of affirmative action in combating both modern and traditional institutional discrimination.
- Finally, provide an example of what positive changes society is making post-industrial revolution to assist immigrants with institutional discrimination.
- Your paper must be 1200–1600 words
- Do not forget to include a thesis statement (statement of purpose/intent) and indicate the topics to be covered
- Use only professional, objective language
- Use APA style
- You must have two scholarly articles referenced that provide support for the material that is addressed
This assignment will be graded using the Assignment Rubric. The assignment is worth 150 points. Use the information in the rubric as a guide toward successful completion of the module assignment.
This assignment requires a file upload submission. After you have reviewed the assignment instructions and rubric, as applicable, complete your submission by selecting the Submit Assignment button next to the assignment title. Browse for your file and remember to select the Submit Assignment button below the file to complete your submission. Review the confirmation annotation that presents after submission