On February 3, 2004, eighth-grader Jaime Rodrigo Goughwas stabbed to death in a second-floor bathroom by classmate Michael Hernandez, both boys were 14. A fellow student found his lifeless body in a bathroom stall at which time the school went into lockdown. Parents who found out from other parents gathered in front of the school.
Late in 2015 the convicted student’s case was brought back to court for a re-sentencing.
Sun Sentinel Articles
Answer the following:
- Did the school administration respond appropriately to the incident? Why or why not?
- Was security an issue at the school? Explain.
- Were there any “red flags”? Explain.
- Did the victim precipitate this crime? (Research “victim precipitation” using MDC library.) Explain.
Please answer the questions fully and concisely in your own words, in a short essay or paragraph format. Be sure to use standard English, spelling and grammar.
- Your answer should be 500 words.
- You must use your textbook and at least one other scholarly article to support your position/findings.
- You must also reply to TWO of your classmates with at least50words.
- Include word count at the end of your posts; i.e., Word Count: 500 words.