2. Which of the following is an option to postpone student loan payments?
3. What type of loan can have interest paid by the Department of Education while you are enrolled in school or during periods of deferment
4. If the average starting salary in your chosen job is $40,000, what is the maximum student loan debt you should borrow to keep your monthly payments manageable
5. The younger you retire, the __________ your retirement period and the __________ time you have to accumulate wealth
6. When comparing penalties for non qualified withdrawals on the Coverdell Education Savings Account and the two Section 529 plans, which of the following has/have a penalty of earnings subject to income tax plus a 10% penalty
7. Evan works for an employer that does not provide a retirement plan as a benefit. He earns $175,000 per year. He plans to fund his own retirement account through his local bank. Which of the following would BEST suit Evan
8. Social Security benefits are based on the ________, which is the top 35 years of earnings (up to the taxable maximum for each year), adjusted for wage inflation to current-year dollars..
9. The three-legged stool of retirement includes
10. If you opt for a joint and survivor annuity, you are entitled to receive a series of equal payments to
11. What happens when the total payroll taxes collected for Social Security exceed the total being paid out in benefits to current retirees?
12. Travis has purchased an annuity to help offset the cost of retirement and reduce the likelihood that he will outlive his other benefits. He is guaranteed $2,000 per month, which means he has invested in a ________ annuity
13. Which of the three government college savings programs does not tax growth or qualified withdrawals
14. As with life insurance, the pricing on annuities depends on
15. Which of the following is not one of the steps in the investment planning process
16. Which of the following is NOT one of the risks equity investors normally face
17. A 10-year government bond is likely to offer a higher yield than a 5-year government security because of
18. Which of the following is not one of the strategies for successful investing
19. Which of the following statements regarding default risk is true
20. Which asset class is least risky
21. Reinvestment risk is greatest for
22. Which of the following is not a passive investment strategy?
23. Which of the following is NOT one of the factors affecting risk tolerance
24. An investment of $1 each in two different securities led to a value of $10 (Security A) and $20 (Security B), respectively, after 15 years. When comparing the rate of return earned by the two securities, it can be said that
25. A person is said to be risk averse if he or she