Remember this is a course on human development so when looking for articles make sure they are related to the subject matter covered in the course. To help in your search here are some of the major areas we covered in this course (these are meant as a guide, not specific topics to find).
- Major developmental theories across the lifespan
- Nature of geographic, gender, social, cognitive, emotional, and developmental factors during each period of development
- Developmental factors that impact one another.
- Historical and current trends in development
- Current trends which may differentially impact the future development of populations in the United States
- Social, and diversity issues related to developmental psychology
With the major areas above in mind, focus on at least two of the following age groups:
- Older Adults
First, give an overview of each article, including:
- Write a 2-paragraph summary for each article.
- Write a 1-2 paragraph analysis and evaluation for each article found.
- Make sure to integrate course material in that analysis
Then, write a summary (1-2 pages) integrating what was leaned from the articles reviewed on the chosen age groups as seen from the life-span perspective. Cover the following in that summary:
- What similarities did you find in the types of research and what was being studied? What differences did you find?
- Based on your course readings, what developmental theories did you find that were applicable?
- Explain how the life-span perspective may provide a way of better understanding the research reviewed.