Answer the discussion questions below about the research article. Paraphrase the information into your own words (NO direct quotes).
- What is the rational for this research? See the Introduction section.
- Study 1: What was the source of the information the participants were to remember? Which types of note-taking were compared? Was recall for factual information or conceptual information more influenced by the manner in which participants took notes? Then write a 1-sentence summary or “take-away message” from study 1.
- Study 2: How was study 2 different from study 1? In other words, how did the procedure change between the two studies? Which participant group had the best recall of information? Then write a 1-sentence summary or “take-away message” from study 2.
- Study 3: What were the conditions in study 3? In other words, participants were placed in one of four groups who experienced the study differently, describe these four groups. Be sure you indicate the new manipulation. Which group performed best in recall of information? Then write a 1-sentence summary or “take-away message” from study 3.
- Write a two or three sentence conclusion of this research. Note which type of note-taking is superior and the explanation for why. Then write a sentence indicating how you can apply this information in your own life.
- APA format, though no title page, header, or paper sections are needed.
- 12-inch times new roman, double spaced text (no extra paragraph spacing)
- 1 inch margins
- APA reference citations:
- In-text citations: at least one per paragraph, near the beginning.
- Full reference citation at the end for the article
- NO direct quotations. Paraphrase the information in your own words.