The DHS has formulated a National Infrastructure Protection Plan to explain and describe the national responsibility. A significant majority of the infrastructure elements are under private or corporate ownership and maintenance and must share the bulk of responsibility for protection and security under their own mission plans for security.
Address the following in a 3–4-page paper:
- What is the National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP)?
- When was it created?
- Who created it?
- Why was it created? Explain.
- How important is the private sector with regard to critical infrastructure protection? Why?
- What types of strategies can be used for critical infrastructure protection (CIP)?
- What strengths currently exist in the United States with regard to CIP? Explain.
- What weaknesses still need to be addressed? Why?
- What is the P3 model? How can federal agencies effectively cooperate with private sector organizations? Explain.
- What types of information should be disseminated to private sector organizations that are responsible for key assets? Explain.
- What types of information, if any, should be withheld from the private sector? Why?
Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.