While much of the training focus within law enforcement lies with the officers in the field, many departments are now committing significant time and resources towards effective supervisory and leadership training. In looking at the role of officer versus that of supervisor/manager, categorize the focus and goals of training at each level. Identify the importance and impact of the two (2) areas of training on the community and agency. What impact does liability have on the actions of the supervisor or manager? Provide your opinion on the importance of leadership training and the level of supervision at which you deem it most important to ensure the success of the squad, unit, or division.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.
Questions often arise regarding how to maintain a well-trained police force after the initial academy training. In your discussion, address the following:
- What is the functional goal for the completion of in-service training?
- What is the importance of instructional methodology?
- Provide an example of desirable methods of training for veteran officers.
- Why is instructional debriefing an important training technique?
- What does instructional debriefing accomplish with regards to effective training?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.