1. What are the most important differences between the recommendations of the Brownlow Committee, the Hoover Commissions and the National Performance Review by Gore (1993)? You can find the information on the first two in the textbook.
2. What is the main purpose of the government (the real business of government) according to Gore (1993)? Do you agree with this purpose? Why? Why not?
3. The textbook states that the reinventing government movement that started with Gore’s (1993) report ended in 2000 when Gore lost the presidential election. In your opinion, and based on the reading of the report, what were the reasons that led to the failure of this movement?
4. Pick one recommendation form Gore (1993) that you agree with and explain why.
5. Pick one recommendation form Gore (1993) that you disagree with and explain why.