Week 8 – Assignment: Interpret the Implications of Unethical Behavior
Now is the time to compile all the concepts you have learned in this course into a comprehensive case study analysis.
Assume you are an instructor presenting an unethical case study to your graduate students. Develop a PowerPoint presentation on a business of your choice. Be sure you include clear examples to support your findings. Please discuss unethical business actions that occurred from 2015 to present. Ensure to address the following key components for your student audience:
- Provide a brief historical summary of the organization.
- Identify and explain the unethical business practice examined.
- Reflect on ethical standards and why this practice was a violation of ethical behavior.
- Explain any related cultural, environmental, and legal implications related to the behavior.
- Interpret the impact of the behavior on individuals, the organization, and society as a whole.
- Explain the outcome of the event, along with a comparison of the consequences (mention legal implications for the action).
- Determine the fairness of punishment. Explain your rationale using an ethical theory, as found in the recommended reading, to justify your rationale for the punishment’s fairness.
- Explain how organizational policies and procedures could be implemented to deter future occurrences like this from happening.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with at least eight scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 15-20 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 200-350 words for each slide
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate. Save the file as PPT with the correct course code information.