- How would you gather information about the job context and environment? Explain what sources you would use and why.
- How could you use technology to show the positive and negative aspects of the job
1) Your discussion is to be submitted in 12-point Times New Roman font using
2) You must have a minimum of two sources to support your answer.
3) Students are required to post their primary response (200 word minimum)
4) Students will respond to at least 1 other postings (150 words minimum each)
How would you gather information about the job context and environment? Explain what sources you would use and why.
To develop a realistic job preview for flight attendants it must include the Job duties, schedules, work environment, and expectations. I would gather these pieces of information using the following sources. The first and important source will be existing employees. I would have a meeting with the existing employees or flight attendants to have an overall idea of their expectations, schedules and work culture. This will be the most important source as the new and prospective flight attendants will also be doing the same exact job as the current flight attendants. The next source will be the internet source where we can find a pool of candidates from Local and National Labor market. In this century we can find any answers through the internet. So this will be the obvious option and source for developing a realistic job preview.
How could you use technology to show the positive and negative aspects of the job?
In this technological era, it is always easy to show either positive or negative aspects of the job. I would use the technology to show how this flight attendant job can affect their life in both positive and negative ways. First, I would create a Presentation on describing how their life can improve by becoming a flight attendant and as well as what scarifies they should make in becoming one. The positive aspects of the job can be visiting more places, offers for the flight tickets for their family, ability to communicate while they are in the air, and so on. The negative aspects of these jobs are, odd working hours, work-life balance, away from family, and so on.
The realistic job previews are mainly used for reducing the number of turnovers and give an overall idea of the job so that the prospective applicants can understand that what they are being expected and needs to be delivered.