Now that you have created a thorough outline, you should continue to expand the outline into an essay format using proper APA style. Additionally, you will need to show competency in constructing a research-based argumentative piece of writing.
To meet that goal, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrate critical thinking and critical analysis skills, including your use of a research based argumentation
- Write between 1,000 – 1,200 words
- Papers that do not meet at least 1,000 words are subject to a pro-rated penalty. (for example, submitting 800 words would result in a 20% loss of grade as 20% of the paper’s word requirements were not met)
- No abstract is needed for your paper. However, an APA formatted cover page and reference list is required.
- Effectively organize your essay. Write a clear introduction, thesis statement, multiple body paragraphs supporting the thesis statement, a counterpoint within the essay, and a clear conclusion.
- Use at least four sources.
- Using a source means quoting, paraphrasing, and/or summarizing it, including a citation each time it is being used.
- Reference each source you use in your reference list.
- You should use the following sources:
- Three peer-reviewed academic journal sources
- At least one additional credible source, which may include the e-Library, government source or another reputable location. (If you are unsure of what may count, please confirm with your instructor.)
- Beyond the four required sources, additional sources are optional.
- If fewer than four sources are used, 10% may be deducted from your grade for each missing source (for example, using only two sources would result in a 20% loss of grade). Sources for the final essay must be approved peer-reviewed scholarly journals, 2015-present, from the library’s databases such as ProQuest, InfoTrac, Gale, etc..,
- No block quotes should be included. Use integrated quotes only.
- Use 3rd person objective point of view only. Avoid 1st and 2nd person points of view.
- Use academic language and proper grammar and mechanics.
- You should use 7th edition APA (No abstract is needed for student papers under 7th edition APA).
- You should not use more than 20% of outside material.
- You should not use visuals (i.e. images, charts, graphs, etc.). Use written material only.
- Only one submission is allowed. Contact your instructor if you have a problem.
** NOTE TO WRITER: I will attach files containing my proposal, introduction, and outline for this assignment to be used as reference for this argumentative essay. If you need anything additional, please let me know.