To begin this assignment:
- Select one psychological disorder in the DSM-5 to use for this assignment. â€‹
- Consider your current workplace or community and select a target audience to present your information to.
- Design a PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Select a theory from the text or elsewhere and discuss how the theory would view the causes of the specific disorder.
- Discuss the current diagnostic criteria for the disorder from the DSM-5. Provide a brief case example which would meet the diagnostic criteria.
- Describe how the DSM-5 version of the diagnosis reconsiders the DSM-4diagnosis.
- Describe the changes in treatment.
- Assess what lead to the changes of the diagnosis and treatment approaches. Use current research to support your analysis.
- Support your analysis of the changes with evidence from scholarly research, at least three of which should be from peer-reviewed journal articles.
For this assignment you are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Title slide: Include your name, course, date, and instructor.
- Abstract: No abstract is required for the assignment.
- Reference: DSM-5, three or more peer reviewed journal articles.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (sixth edition) style and formatting.
- Length of presentation: 10–15 slides.
- Speaker Notes: Included on each slide.
- Submit your presentation to the assignment area for grading.