- Select a major city in the U.S. and examine its sister city from the list provided below. https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/List_of_twin_towns_and_sister_cities_in_the_United_States.html If this link does not work, you will be able to find a list of cities under Resources and you will have to conduct research to locate the sister city.
- Share some geographic information on the U.S. city that you selected and its sister city (some of them have more than one city but, you are only required to investigate one).
- Where is the city located?
- What is the population size and demographics?
- What language(s) is/are spoken?
- What is the structure of the education system?
- Compare and contrast the educational practices and policies of the two cities. Analyze your findings on the education system using one of the major sociological perspectives.
This assignment should follow the standard 5 paragraph essay format. An introduction with a thesis, 2-3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion paragraph. You should include your view on how one of the major sociological perspectives relates to the policies and practices of education of each city. This should be more than just stating the perspective and its definition.
If you could implement one policy in all public schools, what would it be? Why?