Research (or ideally, READ) the book “White Like Me” written by Tim Wise, in 2005. Look for a youtube video of a lecture or interview with Robert Putnam.
Address the following in your essay:
1. In 2-3 paragraphs, summarize the main points in “White Like Me.” Where did Wise get most of his information for this book?
2. Summarize a youtube video you watched of Tim Wise. Do you agree with what he is saying? Why or why not?
3. List at least three other books/essays Wise has published about race issues in America? In 2-3 sentences, briefly summarize the main points in these. Do you agree with his views? Why or why not?
4. How have you seen white privilege in your everyday life? What was this experience? How did this experience make you feel?
5. Do you think people take a white man discussing White privilege more serious than a Black man speaking on the same issue? Why or why not?