For this discussion, you will consider the effect of a changing climate on one of the topics listed below. Use this article as your starting point: Effects of Global Warming.
Recommended: Click on the following links to review materials to enhance your knowledge of ecosystems, disturbance, and recovery:
Choose only 1 aspect of the environment that is impacted by climate change (from the 3 listed below), and answer the questions associated with the topic you chose.
- Species extinction and habitat loss
- Explain how climate change impacts vulnerable species or results in the spread of invasive species.
- Explain how these changes will affect food webs.
- Human health, agriculture, and infrastructure
- Explain how changing weather patterns affect food production, the spread of disease, or damage to homes, transportation, or the electric grid.
- Discuss increases in pollution as a result of global warming.
- Water, melting ice caps, and sea levels rising
- Explain how global warming is affecting ice caps and the impact to further warming.
- Discuss the rise of sea level and saltwater intrusion and how eroding coastlines affect human activities and ecosystems.