Performance Management Guide
You have just been hired as the new HR Director of a manufacturing company that produces personal care products such as soaps, hand creams, and shampoos. The company employs 200 non-union employees in all functional areas (sales, purchasing, accounting, quality, safety, and operations). You have discovered that the organization you are now working for has never implemented a performance management system and requires considerable direction on how to handle performance in the organization. You have decided to create a guide for managers and supervisors to begin implementing a performance management system at the company. Your guide should be designed to provide managers and supervisors with direction on how to properly manage performance and will include:
- Why a performance management system is important.
- How to set performance goals with individual employees.
- A recommended performance appraisal format with the measurable components.
- Tips for writing a performance appraisal.
- Best practices for delivering face-to-face performance feedback.
- Write a 5-7 page guide, or about 2300 words, not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
- Module 4 Option 1 Performance Management Guide
If you choose Option 1, for maximum points, please use the section headers in bold below to craft your 5 page paper. Use size 12 Times New Roman font.
- Section 1- Introduction– In this section, explain the purpose of the paper and mention the upcoming sections.
- Section 2- Importance of Performance Management- In this section, explain why a performance management system is important.
- Section 3- How to Set Performance Goals– In this section, explain How to set performance goals with individual employees.
- Section 4- Recommended Performance Appraisal Format- In this section, describe A recommended performance appraisal format with the measurable components.
- Section 5- Tips for Writing a Performance Appraisal– In this section, provide Tips for writing a performance appraisal.
- Section 6- Best Practices for Feedback- In this section, describe Best practices for delivering face-to-face performance feedback
- Section 7- References- In this section, You must support your analysis with at least three scholarly references, and can include resources from this course.