You are required to read TWO articles and complete an annotated bibliography for each article (scholarly/peer-reviewed journal articles).
Here are the topics (Human Resource Management) the Articles should be based on:
- Discuss the steps in the selection process.
- Be able to explain why criteria development is an important part of the selection process.
- Give examples of types of criteria that can be developed.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of internal and external candidates.
- Explain the various types of interviews and interview questions.
- Discuss interview methods and potential mistakes in interviewing candidates.
- Explain the interview process.
- Explain the types of tests that can be administered as part of the selection process.
- Be able to discuss the types of selection models.
- Explain the steps in making the offer to the candidate.
- Explain the four steps involved when training an employee.
- Be able to explain and give examples of the types of training that can be offered within an organization.
- Explain the types of training delivery methods.
- Be able to design a training program framework.
- Understand the uses and applications of a career development program.
Your AB’s should be ½ to ¾ pages long. It should be double-spaced, and you are to use Times new Roman 12 font.
For your AB, you must have:
• Your name, date, course, and AB number at the top (see example)
• APA Reference before the information (see example)
Annotated bibliographies must be written in manner, in which, they are understandable. You must describe all-important data such as:
• The participants
• The reason the study was conducted
• What research design was used (surveys, interviews, case study, etc.)
• Which research analysis was used (MANOVA, ANOVA, Kruskal Wallace, etc.) • The results of the study along with any conclusions of the author(s)
Your study must include all of these (if applicable). Your AB MAY NOT be copied and pasted directly from the source. There MUST NOT be any form of plagiarism in your annotated bibliography. You are required to write this assignment in your own words
***************** Annotated Bibliography EXAMPLE *****************
Craig, W. (2015). From Family To Franchising: Five Ways To Start Your Business Empire. Forbes.
According to this article there are more than half a million new businesses started across the country every single month (Craig, 2015).There are many ways to become a business owner in the world today and there are many risks involved with each of those avenues as well.When starting a business from scratch the most important aspect is having a product that people actually want. According to this article, nine out of ten startup companies fail and 42% of polled startup owners claimed their business failed due to lack of need for his or her product (Craig, 2015). A business can also be acquired by inheritance or taking over of a family business. Craig (2015) also found, only about 10% of family owned businesses will survive long enough to see the third generation take over. The reasons for this is the perception by younger generations that the family business will always be available as a backup option if other ventures don’t work out. Buying an existing business is also an option for those who have a keen insight for opportunity. Becoming a franchise owner is another way to become a business owner. This step also takes determination and focus but can be very rewarding. There is a stability that comes with taking over a location that has an established corporate presence already backing it up with corporate sponsors that are ready and willing to help get you started on the right track.