- (eg, smoking)(Remember, you must identify one legislative policy and one non-legislative policy enacted at the community level.)
In this assignment you write a paper on the levels at which policy can be operationalized. You will be assigned a topic at the beginning of the term by your instructor. If you do not receive your assignment topic by the first day of the term, be sure to ask your instructor. When you receive your topic from the instructor, you will need to find an example of Policy (big “P” legislative) and another of policy (little “p” non-legislative). You may wish to identify examples from your place of residence or you may choose another community. This paper must address specific policies, their impact on public health and health equity, their time of implementation, and any results. Organize your paper around these two levels of policy (P and p). Be sure to review the required learning resources for details about types of law, policy implications, and the levels by which policy is created.
To complete: Submit a 3-4 page (not including title page and references) paper addressing the following items:
- Include a title page with your name, date, course and section, and title
- Include section headers for each section, below
- Describe the key information on public health policy, including the stakeholders.
- o Discuss one example of a legislative and one example of a non-legislative policy for the same content area and describe how they work within one jurisdiction
- Evaluate each of the policies for their impact on public health and health equity. Be sure to support your evaluation with appropriate scholarly resources.
- Cite the sources in your text, wherever you referred to them.
- Include an APA formatted reference list