- Identify the benefits of implementing a local diet.
- What are the benefits to the environment?
- How does a local diet conserve natural resources?
- What are the potential benefits to human health?
- Discuss specific ways in which you could implement a local diet. How could you (or do you) integrate a local diet into your lifestyle?
- Identify several examples of local food sources you have access to. Are there farmers’ markets in your area?
- What is community supported agriculture (CSA)? What is the history of the CSA movement? Where is your nearest community supported agriculture farm (CSA)?
- Identify sustainable methods for dealing with food waste in your home. How do you currently handle your family’s food waste?
- Describe ways you could encourage others to eat locally.
Your report should follow a logical structure and be evidence based. Use the APA Paper Template (linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading) as a resource for citations and formatting.
- Written Communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length: The report should be 2–3 pages in content length. Include a separate title page and a separate references page.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12-point, double-spaced. Use Microsoft Word.
- APA Formatting: Resources and in-text citations should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Number of Resources: You are required to cite a minimum of 2 scholarly resources. You may conduct independent research for resources and references to support your report. Provide a reference list and in-text citations for all of your resources, using APA format. You may cite texts and authors from the Resources.