Discuss lessons in leadership with the examples of President Nixon and President Reagan:
Choose and discuss (in a full paragraph or two) one of the following two topics related to the 1960s and 1970s, especially to the terms of Presidents Nixon and Reagan.
- Discuss lessons in leadership with the examples of President Nixon and President Reagan:
- Identify a leadership example from President Nixon’s handling of the Watergate issue, and another example from Reagan’s presidency.
- Give two lessons in leadership—one from each example. They can be positive lessons or negative lessons (good things to do; things not to do, etc). Discuss how these lessons can apply to those in business or politics or some other realm.
- Identify the source(s) where you read about these issues.
- Discuss Presidents Nixon and Reagan as Cold Warriors:
- Identify a strategy or policy from the Nixon presidency that related to the Cold War, and another from the Reagan presidency.
- In hindsight, describe your views of each approach and how effective (or not) each approach was.
- Identify the source(s) where you read these issues.