- How are “wicked problems” defined?
- To what extent do you think this recycling discussion case represents a “wicked problem”? How so?
- Some recent studies are questioning the ways in which recycling is managed- noting that less energy is used and costs are lower if all municipal waste is simply put into one trash receptacle for pickup and then sorted by machines at facilities. Which method do you support—more efficient trash waste collection or methods that engage the public in recycling?
- Based on the reading of chapter two of the textbook and the case you just read, do you think wicked problems can be solved through good public policy making and implementation? Why? Why not?
- Can you think of a wicked problem in the past that has been solved through public policy?
Please include in-text citations and references in APA style.