HA535-4: Evaluate health research for sound, evidence-based practices.
Professional Competency Outcome(s):
PC 4.1: Assess the value of multiculturalism and diversity in a global environment.
· Imagine that you are working with an epidemiological team. The lead investigator has asked you to analyze and communicate health research for sound, evidence-based practices in epidemiology. Using the Web Resources provided this week*, identify a current epidemiological concern either at the local, national, or global level. Your report should demonstrate your ability to analyze the benefits and challenges of multiculturalism and diversity in a global context and recommend solutions.
· Using one (1) of the methods below, develop a final project addressing the Assignment questions:
· 3–5 page executive summary
· PowerPoint presentation (15–20 slides).
· Educational/training packet or guide
· 5–7 minute recorded PSA (public service announcement)
· Other method approved by your instructor
· Address the following questions
· What is the epidemiological concern?
· What population is it affecting?
· What potential population may be affected if this concern is not addressed?
· What are the risk factors associated with the epidemiological concern?
· What public health recommendation can you make to alleviate your identified epidemiological concern?
· This project should demonstrate your ability to analyze the benefits and challenges of multiculturalism and diversity in a global context and recommend solutions.