Locate and review a recent (no more than 5 years old) scholarly article found in a peer-reviewed journal related to HR selection methods, analyzing work, designing jobs, or HR planning.
Use the following two headers for the body of your paper.
- Recruiting Program: this is where you take into consideration how you would approach a recruiting program for your company based on the author’s ideas on the subject matter.
- Global Challenges: What challenges would you face if your company were a global conglomerate?
Select article and follow the below criteria:
- There is a minimum requirement of 500 words for the article critique.
- Write a summary of the article. This should be one to three paragraphs in length, depending on the length of the article. The paper has to follow the standard style of scholarly college writing with an “introduction”, “body” and “conclusion”. Include the purpose for the article, how research was conducted, the results, and other pertinent information from the article.
- Identify the selection criteria and methods and how they relate to hiring at the organization in the article.
- Discuss the meaning or implication of the results of the study that the article covers. This should be one to two paragraphs. This is where you offer your opinion on the article. Discuss any flaws with the article, how you think it could have been better, and what you think it all means.
- Write one paragraph discussing how the author could expand on the results, what the information means in the big picture, what future research should focus on, or how future research could move the topic forward. Discuss how knowledge in the area could be expanded.
Any sources used, including the textbook and the article, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format.