For your final project you will write a research paper in APA 7th edition style.
Some personality theories, such as those of Gordon Allport (Schultz & Schultz, 2017, pp. 196-204) and Raymond Cattell (Schultz & Schultz, 2017, pp. 216-221), place more focus on heredity and genetics as the primary guiding force in personality development. One of the more prominent of these types of theory in recent research has been that of Robert McCrae and Paul Costaâ€™s Five-Factor model of personality development (Schultz & Schultz, 2017, pp. 230-238). For your final project please follow the link (below) and take the personality test. (** MY RESULTS HAVE BEEN ATTATCHED) Once you have your results discuss them in terms of the Five-Factor Model as discussed by McCrae and Costa (Schultz & Schultz, 2017, pp. 230-238)
Schultz, D. P. & Schultz, S. E.. (2017). Theories of personality. Cengage Learning.
Five-Factor Model of Personality
*Suggested Outline Possibility
- I. Introduction: Introduce the Five-Factor Model
- II. Body: Discuss the Model
- 1. Concepts
- 2. Test Results
- 3.Personal Reaction
- III. Conclusion: Final thought on this model
**Please remember to use good scholarly resources. We already know what the textbook says, but find valid resources that add to your understanding.
Grading Grid for Final Project
Adequately covers the three topics using and citing factual information-Meets the required word count (1200 word minimum)
Uses the required minimum scholarly and credible resources (at least four)
Organization: Follow APA formatting -(intro, body, conclusion), Title page, double-spacing, 12-point font, include works cited page*Remember to include parenthetical citations and references in APA format
Spelling/Grammar/Posts Word Count
Final Paper Assignment Requirement (Use as a Check list):
Use a 12 pt. Arial or Times New Roman FontRemember to use APA formatting
Double-space your paper Include title page
Remember to include resources
*Also remember: There will be a 10pt. penalty for each day the assignment is late.
*There will be a 100 pt. penalty for plagiarizing. This means that if you plagiarize work you will receive a Zero. If in doubt, cite, cite, cite.
Parenthetical (In-Text) Citations
- A parenthetical (in-text) citation is when you place the source in parenthesis ( ) right after the sentence you cited instead of waiting until the end of the paper. It helps the reader to know exactly what sentences and paragraphs are taken from particular sources.
- Place the author’s name and the source’s date of publication in parentheses immediately after the end of the cited material. If it is a direct quote, include the page number as well. For example:
- “Psychology is defined as the science of behavior and mental processes” (Coon, 2012 p. 12).
- If you have paraphrased the information then you do not need to include the page number, unless the text is a book or you are referencing a specific aspect of the work.
- Always use spelling and grammar check
- Make sure you indented the paragraphs (5 spaces in)
- Balance â€“ Each paragraph should be similar in length