Concerning your construct of interest:
- Explain your construct of interest. Make a case for why this construct is important to you, the field of psychology, or your specialization area.
- What specifically about your construct are you wanting to assess? Are there different characteristics or behaviors that can be assessed within your construct? For example, if measuring depression as a construct, would you want to measure the severity of depression or the symptoms related to depression? What are all the characteristics of depression? Would you be assessing all of the characteristics?
- Develop a research question addressing what you will be assessing.
Concerning available tests/instruments:
- What is the validity and reliability of each test/instrument?
- What types of scores and scales are provided?
- What information does the test publisher (or other source) provide about each of the test’s/instrument’s strengths and weaknesses/limitations?