According to the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition (n.d.), “only one in three children are physically active every day” and at least one contributor is the large number of hours children spend either watching television or playing video games. Recently, video games have been developed that offer physical interaction and activity to encourage more physical activity and develop fine motor skills. There are many other types of digital devices, some of which encourage physical activity and others that encourage relaxing behaviors.
In this Discussion, you select one type of digital device and a specific age group. You then examine research related to the impact that digital devices have on the physical development of your selected age group.
To Prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources related to digital technology and its impact on physical development
- Consider and select one of the following digital devices:
- Game consoles
- Fitness bands
- Digital sports cameras (e.g., GoPro)
- Select one of the following age groups: infants, children, adolescents, adults, older adults.
- Search the Internet and the Walden Library for at least two articles regarding the positive and negative impacts your selected digital device has on physical development of your selected age group
By Day 4
Post a summary of each of the articles you found. Explain the positive and negative impact your selected digital device has on the physical development of the age group you selected. Use proper APA format and citations.