Read Chapter 7 – Medical Management of Suicide Terrorism of your textbook and 60 Terrorist Plots Since 9/11: Continued Lessons in Domestic Counterterrorism (Links to an external site.) to gain an understanding of the threat Americans face by suicide bombers. Then, post your discussion for the topic assigned by last name (see below). At least one of your responses to your classmates must be to a topic different from your assigned topic.
Summarize the facts of one foiled terrorist plot from 2010-2013 in 60 Terrorist Plots Since 9/11: Continued Lessons in Domestic Counterterrorism (Links to an external site.). Explain how the assailant(s) was apprehended, the agencies involved, if and how agencies worked together, and the intelligence tools used.
- Choose an individual who you consider to be (or to have been) a great leader. This person may be a famous figure (CEO, President, Coach, etc.) or someone you know personally.
- Using principles from the text chapter7, discuss what makes this person such a great leader. Specifically address:
- What are this individual’s traits or characteristics and how do these contribute to his/her leadership?
- What are this individual’s leadership skills that contribute to his/her success as a leader?
- How does this individual utilize power and influence tactics to exercise great leadership (note: if this person is publically known, you may need to do a bit of research to address this question)?
- Submit/post your word document to the Bb assignment folder space by the due date listed in the syllabus schedule.
Grading Rubric to be used
|Answers cover all parts/aspects of the question, are in-depth, and contain proper spelling and grammar. Answers incorporate principles discussed in the text chapter.||18-20|
|Answers cover some but not all parts/aspects of the question, are somewhat in-depth, and contain some spelling and grammar errors. Answers only partially incorporate principles discussed in the text chapter.||15-17|
|Answers cover only a few parts/aspects of the question, are lacking depth, and contain many spelling and grammar errors. Answers do not incorporate principles discussed in the text chapter.||0-14|
|Late submission of work||50% deduction from earned score|