- Examine the organizational structure and the administration process of the U.S. justice system.
- Differentiate among the various components that influence the administration of the criminal justice system.
- Describe the use of force and the use of discretion in criminal investigation.
- Examine the administration of the courts when addressing sentence alternatives.
- Analyze the American correctional system and its use of alternative programs when administering justice.
- Identify common ethical issues that occur in the criminal justice system.
Research paper topics must be based upon one of the six course learning objectives. When submitting the selected research topic by the end of Week 2, students must identify not only the topic of their research paper but also the course learning objective with which it is aligned.
When writing your research paper be sure to focus upon the aspect of criminal justice that you are addressing from the perspective of the course learning objective with which it is associated. You must support points made in the research paper with scholarly resources. Your personal opinion must be limited and will not be a determining factor in the final grade. Instead, your grade is determined by how well you support your argument utilizing the materials discussed in this course and research and reference material you locate.
What I do not want is a regurgitation of what is in the readings. Expand on the readings; do not repeat it. Direct quotes should be used sparingly and limited to instances where the original meaning would be lost if not directly quoted. Document your facts utilizing standard APA style 6th edition.
This paper is to be submitted to me as indicated on the Course Schedule and Grading Policy Summary Table.
The paper is to be in APA format 6th edition and the body of the paper is to be between 7 and 10 pages.
The body of the paper does not include the title page, table of contents, appendix or references. Abstracts should not be included and will not count as part of the body of the paper if included.
This is to be of high quality, free of spelling and grammatical errors, and of original work. Plagiarism will be dealt with harshly.