Medicaid” Please respond to the following:
· Examine at least two (2) eligibility requirements for Medicaid. Debate the extent to which you agree with the fairness of these requirements. Provide support for your rationale.
· Analyze two (2) changes to Medicaid resulting from the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. Determine the impact that these changes will have on both Medicare eligibility and your state government’s (GEORGIA) fiscal responsibility. Provide examples to illustrate the impact of such change.
State Children’s Health Insurance Program” Please respond to the following:
· From the first e-Activity, specify whether your state follows the private insurance model or the Medicaid model for its CHIP. Analyze the impact that the choice of model has on the fiscal health of your state. Provide two (2) examples of this impact of model choice to support your analysis.
· From the second e-Activity, examine at least two (2) changes to CHIP that have occurred as a result of the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. Hypothesize the potential effect that the changes in question could have on access to health care for children covered by CHIP. Support your rationale with one (1) specific example of such an effect for each change that you have identified.
Week 8 eActivity
· The State Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) is implemented separately by each state. Use the Internet to research CHIP funding in your state (GEORGIA). Be prepared to discuss.
· Use the Internet to research the National Conference of State Legislatures’ Website, located at http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/health/childrens-health-insurance-program-overview.aspx, as well as other related Websites to determine the impact the Affordable Care Act has on CHIP. Be prepared to discuss.