Implementation Into Practice
The Institute of Medicine set a goal that 90% of health care decisions should be evidence-based by 2020. At best guess, less than 10% of decisions use best evidence. Bridging the gap between research, findings, and practice implementation is one strategy to meet this important goal. This assignment will help you to find gaps that may be used for your project.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Review the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) website to complete the assignment.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
· Use at least two additional scholarly research sources published within the last 5 years. Provide citations and references for all sources used.
Select a practice from the AHRQ comparative effectiveness research site and write a 1,000-1,250 word paper that looks at a gap that exists between research findings and the implementation of those findings in practice. Include the following:
1. Discuss the practice.
2. Assess to what extent the practice is being implemented.
3. Evaluate the barriers to implementation into practice.
4. Propose ways to overcome the barriers.
5. Discuss the resources available on the selected site to inform translation.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.