- CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (PO 4 & 8)
- CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and significance related to evidence-based practice. (PO 4 & 8)
This week we learned how research designs are different and help us to objectively study nursing problems; the key is to decide which type of research and design will serve the purpose or intent to find a solution. After completing Week 4 readings and lesson, answer the following:
- Reflect on your learning about Quantitative and Qualitative research; share two ways that helped you understand how they are different.
- Choose one category of study design that you found interesting and describe; include what you learned about the design and how you believe it can help study nursing problems.
- Refer back to your clinical nursing priority problem and evidence you located for your week 3 assignment:
• The nursing-evidenced practice (NEBP) committee has requested for you to make a recommendation to the team: Describe the type of research and the design that you believe would be the best way to study your problem. Discuss your rationale.
professors comment: Class,
In this thread, we will be discussing the two types of research designs, quantitative and qualitative. There are variations of those designs that we will discuss. The research design flows from the research question and outlines the plan for the study that will answer the research question. As mentioned, think back to your clinical nursing priority problem and evidence you located for your week 3 assignment. Describe the research design and rationale.
We will work toward our Course Outcomes:
- Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies.
- Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and lab significance related to evidence-based practice.
As always, I look forward to our discussions! Paula
Houser, J. (2018). Nursing research: Reading, using, and creating evidence (4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
This textbook is available as an e-book and can be accessed from the module view.
American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.