This week you will research information on the NCIC website for information regarding data collection, storage, and retrieval. This week’s Assignment will help you prepare for a larger Assignment in Unit 7 which requires knowing what data you can utilize from NCIC to conduct a traffic stop and communicate with other states.
Create an 8-10 slide PowerPoint® Presentation incorporating speaker notes outlining the following:
- Describe how is data collected, stored, and retrieved.
- Discuss the importance of data collection, retrieval, and analysis as it applies to officer safety and the criminal justice system.
- Identify four or more methods of data collection, storage, retrieval, and analysis as it relates to the criminal justice system and their importance.
- Explain the importance of NCIC in a traffic stop and two or more benefits crime analysis has for both the community and law enforcement.
- Identify three types of queries an officer may retrieve from NCIC.
Note: Research is required for this assignment. Locate relevant information about the fundamental principles of how data collection, storage, retrieval, and analysis is conducted within the criminal justice system and distinguish between the relative importance of those principles.
The PowerPoint presentation should have the following characteristics:
- Bullets for your main points.
- Must include speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the slide bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience.
- Contains a title and references slide.
- Research and visuals are cited in APA citation format, both in-text and on a References slide. You need to quote material taken directly from a source. The same standards for documenting sources that apply to an essay, apply to a presentation. Go to the APA Style® Central website for a digital library of APA Style quick guides and tutorials to refine your writing.
- Designed with a live audience in mind in order to inform your viewers about the topic.