In Week 1, you chose a topic area and problem or challenge within that area. Throughout this course, you have researched the dynamics of the problem. The final piece of your project is to develop a viable solution that considers resources, policy, stakeholders, organizational readiness, administrative structures and other internal and external factors, as applicable. Using the papers you have written throughout this course, consolidate your findings into a succinct project.
Write a ten (10) page paper that as a minimum, your project should include:
- Identify the topical area (e.g., local police department, community jail, border patrol)
- Define a problem or challenge within your topical area that you understand in some depth or have an interest in (examples include high crime rate, poor morale, high levels of violence or recidivism, high number of civilian complaints of harassment, inadequate equipment). Outline the context of the problem or challenge, including the history and any policy decisions that have contributed to the situation.
- Describe how internal or external stakeholders have influenced the situation in a positive or negative way. How will you consider stakeholders in your solution to the problem? How will you motivate individuals to buy into your solution?
- Discuss how technologies or information systems have contributed to the problem and how you will propose technology be implemented into the solution.
- Discuss what data you have collected or researched to indicate there is a problem. Include at least two sources of data and how each is relevant to the problem.
- Develop an effective and efficient solution(s) and a course of action (i.e., plan) that addresses the problem or challenge.
- Explain what methods of assessment you will employ to measure the effectiveness of your solutions.
- Develop a 10-15 slide PowerPoint Presentation that summarizes the seven items above.
- Use at least 8 quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length