For this paper, you will explore the complicated nature of the American nation from 1607 to 1877 by focusing on one group during two periods of time, while examining how their changing roles reflected the limitations and contradictions of the term “of the people.” You will use the group and time periods that you chose in the Week 2 Assignment.
The paper must be five to seven pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least four scholarly sources, two for each period of time.
Writing the Final Paper
- Must be five to seven double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources, two for each period chosen.
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate reference page.