Develop a response to this question. Ensure you have answered all parts of the question completely. Complete this assignment described below using complete sentences in a paragraph format, and be sure to check your spelling when complete.
Please read the Discussion Board Directions located on the course menu on the left side of the screen before you begin to post or reply.
Humans have benefited from an overall warmer climate over the past millennia. However, among the majority of scientists there is deep concern over the changes in climate as a result of increased atmospheric carbon dioxide. Many scientists and non-scientists advocate a rapid shift to energy sources that contribute less carbon dioxide and methane to the atmosphere. (Note: Methane is also a greenhouse gas, its effects on atmospheric warming are greater per molecule, but the warming effects do not last as long). Conversely, there are many politicians and a few scientists who do not think that carbon dioxide emission is a threat to the planet. Some of these people refute the claim of human activity being responsible for change in climate and point to how climate has always fluctuated throughout the life of planet Earth.
1. Locate a recent (last 2 years) news article related to climate change. Please pick a substantial article, not a short note/news flash, or you will not have enough material to work with to successfully answer the questions. Post the title and source immediately on discussion board so that others do not choose the same article.
2. Summarize the article. In your summary, be sure to address whether the article is consistent with the view of most scientists, maintains a point of view that climate change either is not occurring or is not important, or makes some effort to “balance” these.
3. Why do some scientists refute the claim that human activity is responsible for climate change?
4. What are the major human activities that contribute to carbon dioxide increase in the atmosphere?
5. Which of the many potential negative effects of rapid climate change do you believe will have the greatest economic costs in the U.S.? Which things will have the greatest economic costs in less developed regions of the world?
Respond to Others: Read the postings of your classmates and comment on at least one other student’s response. Justify any comments you make with factual information