Directions: (slightly modified from the textbook so read carefully!!)
Complete the “YOUR TURN” exercise at the end of Chapter 4 – “The Customer Service Agent”.
- Read the article on a day in the work life of Bill Ryan.
- **ADDED BY PROF BUCKMAN** and further research the job of “customer service representative”
- Based on information from BOTH of these sources, write a job description for the job of customer service agent.
- **Use the exhibits in the chapter to guide you in deciding what information is relevant for job analysis / job description.**
- Below the job description that you submit, answer the following questions: (this is where TEXTBOOK CITATIONS WILL BE NECESSARY)
- do you believe you had enough information from these TWO sources to write an accurate job description?
- what specific information from the diary was MOST important/useful to you?
- what specific information from O*NET was MOST important/useful to you?
- in an ideal world, what add’l sources of information would you request to improve the accuracy of the job description?