Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Group Settings Versus Family Settings
As you might recall from Week 5, there are significant differences in the applications of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) for families and individuals. The same is true for CBT in group settings and CBT in family settings. In your role, it is essential to understand these differences to appropriately apply this therapeutic approach across multiple settings. For this Discussion, as you compare the use of CBT in group settings and family settings, consider challenges of using this approach with your own groups.
· Compare the use of cognitive behavioral therapy for groups to cognitive behavioral therapy for families
· Analyze challenges of using cognitive behavioral therapy for groups
· Recommend effective strategies in cognitive behavioral therapy for groups
· Reflect on your practicum experiences with CBT in group and family settings.
· An explanation of how the use of CBT in groups compares to its use in family settings.
· Provide specific examples from your own practicum experiences.
· Then, explain at least two challenges counselors might encounter when using CBT in the group setting.
Support your response with specific examples from this week’s media
see class rules
cite scholarly resources including peer-review journals and current practice guidelines
A clear purpose statement (The purpose of this paper is to…) is required in the introduction of all writings
Please all bullets points, bold, red and highlighted area must be attended to