Contact a Service Agency in your home/state area. Review the concept of Community/Public Health Nursing in Chapter 1 of Nies and McEwen’s (2015) Community/Public Health Nursing, your textbook. Contact a Community/Public Health Agency within the city or state in which you reside. These could be Home Health, Hospice, HIV/AIDS, Women’s Shelter (domestic abuse), Homeless shelter, Food banks, etc. which monitor, study and provide various services to people. Identify whom you spoke with and request a confirmation email from the agency with the name of the person you spoke with and the date of contact. If you have questions as to the applicability of the agency for this assignment, email your coach early.
Write an APA formatted, 4-5 page paper addressing the following:
The title and reference pages do not count in the page limit.
Answer the following questions.
- What is the name of the service?
- Is it supported by federal, state, community or a combination funding?
- What services are provided?
- How clients access the service?
- What qualifies a client for services?
- What is the referral process?
- Describe the area. Urban or rural, population, ethnicity, socioeconomic status.
- What are the agencies staffing mix? Social Workers, Nurses, Doctors, etc.
- Your concluding remarks about the agency and how nursing can/does contribute to the services.