View an audio/video introduction to your Assignment. Closed captioning is embedded into the video.
Choose two prescription drugs that have a generic available. Next Choose one pharmacy from each of the 5 different types listed below:
1. Large chain pharmacy such as Walgreens, CVS, Eckards, etc.
2. Grocery store associate pharmacy such as Publix, Krogers, etc.
3. Privately owned local pharmacy
4. Pharmacy associated with a “big box” store such as Target, Walmart, etc.
5. Online pharmacy (must be in the United States)
Do not use any drugs on the pharmacy’s four dollar or other special price list. If the pharmacy has a “club card” or other special way of getting lower cost, do not use this cost.
Compare the cash cost of the brand and the generic making sure that the dose (milligrams, micrograms, etc.) and number of pills are the same.
This Assignment is due on the last day of Unit 1.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics submodule under Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
· be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above); and
· consult the Grading Rubric (under Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary.
How to Submit:
Submit your Assignment to the unit 1 Assignment Dropbox before midnight on the last day of Unit 1.
When you are ready to submit your Assignment, select the unit dropbox then attach your file. Make sure to save a copy of the Assignment you submit.