- Chapter 10: Strong Bodies (I): The Work of Topic Sentence
- Chapter 11: Strong Bodies (II): Exposition and Evidence
- Chapter 12: Strong Bodies (III): Counterargument and Counterevidence
- Chapter 13: Surprising Conclusions
- Chapter 15: Writing is Rewriting: The Art of Revision
Reflect: Drafting and rewriting will be a key aspect of your work. Even the most accomplished writers are not skilled enough to craft a flawless first draft; thus, revision is an extremely important part of the writing process. Work that is hastily written and filled with grammatical errors, disorganized, or without a central focus, results in impaired clarity of expression, which ultimately undermines the meaning and purpose of your efforts. In sum, clear writing is the product of rewriting.
Write: Based on the readings, what types of editing processes do you use to make sure that your work is the best it can be? How do you plan to go about editing your research paper to make your Final Capstone Research Project stronger? Your initial post should be at least 250-300 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.