1. Look up the composition of each of the planets in our solar system, starting from
Mercury and moving out to Neptune. Write the planet and the percent of each of its
composition by volume, ignoring the trace amounts. (Wikipedia does most of this for
2. Why does Mercury have so much hydrogen if its so small?
3. Did Venus ever have liquid water? What happened to it? Why is it no longer in the
atmosphere as water vapor?
4. What percent of the solar system’s mass is encompassed by Jupiter, excluding the sun?
5. Saturn has beautiful rings, where did they come from?
6. What makes the axis of rotation of Uranus unique?
7. Neptune is really far away, how did we find it?