As a public health professional developing public health programs, you will need to use various programming tools. It is essential that you not only become familiar with the types of tools available but also become efficient in using them in program planning and implementation. For your SPP, you will use three programming tools: a logic model, timeline, and budget. Each has its own usefulness, and you might find that each has its own challenges.
As you begin working on your project this week, review the media titled Programming Tools. Consider the specific steps Water Missions Belize co-founder Jennifer Harsta describes in her timeline and how she uses the tools of timelines and budgets to elicit support for her program. Also consider how Mary Open Door’s executive Ana Silva’s assessment of a gap in funding led her to seek help in the form of a local food drive. Think of the ramifications for your own SPP program and how these insights will help you utilize programming tools.
For this Assignment, imagine that you have a hypothetical annual budget of $300,000. Because your SPP is based on a hypothetical program, with the exception of this predetermined budget, you may use imaginary numbers of your own creation (e.g., dollars, dates) to use for the tools provided. For the timeline, imagine what steps need to take place over time and how you think the work will progress.
Submit a 5- to 7-page paper. In each section, you should do the following:
- Describe your goals for your SPP.
- Using the example of the logic model provided in your Learning Resources as a guide, create a logic model for your SPP.
- Explain the value of a logic model as a programming tool.
- Assume that you have $300,000 for your public health program.
- Using the example of the budget provided in your Learning Resources as a guide, create a budget for your SPP.
- Explain the value of using a budget as a programming tool.
- Using the example of the timeline provided in your Learning Resources as a guide, create a timeline for your SPP.
- Explain the value of using a timeline as a programming tool.
- Posted: 4 years ago
- Due: 27/12/2015
- Budget: $30