1. Create a design showing symmetrically balanced composition using minimum 5 black dots (circles). The composition should occupy a square of 7” x 7”. The dots have to be created in different sizes.
2. Create various compositions depicting unity, repetition, proximity, contrast, symmetry, and asymmetry. The composition should contain six squares of 3” x 3” each for the six simple objects (squares, triangles, circles). Objects and fills (black, white, gray) need to be made in such a format that the effects of the visual techniques are highlighted. Do not include color. Label each composition.
3. Create a design showing any part of a functional object and observe the various techniques used in the design. An example of a various object is a telephone, computer, keyboard, cell phone, and components of a car. Steps: Choose a functional object. Next, select elements of the object. Create a detailed drawing of the selected element using simple shapes.
4. Create a composition depicting dynamic and stationary elements. Use any black/gray/white geometrical shape. Label each composition.
5. Create various compositions illustrating joy, sadness, heavy, light (as in weight), crowd, solitude. Use any geometrical shape. The objects and the color fills need to be made in such a format that the effects of the visual techniques are highlighted. Do not use color. Do not use symbolism. Only use shapes.