1. C Language Floating point numeric types allows what?
2. The struct data type does what?
3. A pointer is what?
4. When complete information about the internals of a module is known, we can use what strategy?
5. Testing comprises a three pronged attack, list them.
6. In the remote device model, the medium is more often called what?
7. What is a tool for translating programs into a variety of forms?
8. What tool links a collection of program modules together, and it resolves ( or identifies) address problems?
9. Data types that are specified as part of the C language are known as what types?
10. What variables are visible from the point of declaration until the end of the program.
11. The process that brings together the final program, all of the implementation files, header files, legacy files, library files, and any other
information is called what?
12. The C language was developed to expedite and to simplify the design and development process of software for what kind of applications?
13. What provides support for accepting and managing asynchronous events originating from inside or outside of the system?
14. What is charged with identifying any faults that may have been introduced during manufacturing and ensuring that a properly working product is delivered to the customer?
15. When debugging and testing modules, we generally recognize what three kinds of testing?
16. What proves that the verification test suite is testing what it is supposed to test, that it is making the required measurements within the required tolerance, and that it can identify faults.
17. What are the three network interconnection configurations?the Star, the _____, and the simple Parallel Bus.
18. If information is permitted to flow in both directions, but in only one direction at a time, it is called what?
19. Most microprocessors or microcontrollers have limited on-board memory. To support more complex applications, what must be used?
20. An information exchange based on specifically designated I/O ports is called what?
21. What is any change in the state of a signal of interest?
22. The different transmission modes give rise to what two general categories of message exchange?
23. Most distributed embedded systems will implement a message-based exchange utilizing what three patterns of communication and synchronization?
24. What was developed in the 1980s by Philips Semi-conductor as a means of supporting communication among a set of chips internal to
a specific system?
25. Each device that wishes to be attached to the USB describes itself to host software using a number of descriptors. List three descriptors.